During the current Covid-19 pandemic that we are experiencing, you are probably wondering “will Covid-19 affect my photo shoot?” The short answer is no, but let’s get a little more information. Covid-19 has indeed had an impact on the photography industry, but we are making the adjustments necessary to keep you and your family safe.
Do you still want to take those professional family photos? Do you have a high school or college senior that needs senior photos done? Are you a real estate agent looking for quality photos for your MLS listing? Do you or your company need updated head shots or group photos? Maybe you had to cancel or postpone your wedding and have a smaller party and need photos.
During the current Covid-19 era, I am often asked by potential clients if that can still book a photo shoot or have family photos taken or if I can shoot their wedding photos. The answer is a resounding yes! As a photographer, of course I want you and your family safe during this time as I want to insure the safety of my own family when I return to them, but you can still get the same quality photos just as you did before and here is why.
The equipment I own, both cameras and lenses, allows me to be able to keep the minimum 6 feet distance from you as the subject and I can still get as close as I need to be. Portrait lenses, telephoto lenses, and other equipment make it possible for you to still get Corporate head shots as well. Shooting photos on location also help and while most cities and states have rules on the number of people that can gather outside, unless you have a large family, we can still shoot. Of course, with real estate photography, since no one else is in the home being shot most of the time, this is not an issue either
I have been shooting wedding photos, engagement photos, family portraits, corporate head shots and group photos, and many other types of photography for over 15 years and that experience allows me to keep both of us safe while giving you quality photos.
Do’s and Don’ts of the photo shoot
Since we are shooting on location, and most times that location is outside, I am far enough away from you as I mentioned earlier that you don’t have to wear masks. These photos are priceless memories and you don’t want to have to have a mask on in every shot. If your family is healthy and showing no symptoms of Covid-19,
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 INCLUDE: FEVER FATIGUE DRY COUGH DIFFICULTY BREATHING
and keeping the 6 feet social distancing guidelines, you can be comfortable enough to take photos without a mask on. As a photographer, I am part of the PPA, and there are rules as well including the following to help:
- Photographers should maintain social distancing, using no-touch posing methods when at all possible. Until further notice is received from the CDC and other health officials, the maximum gathering for a photographic shoot of 10 or fewer persons should be observed.
- Temperature checks should be conducted for each photographic client (including each member of the family present) prior to each session. Any subject or family member with a fever exceeding 100.4 degrees should be rescheduled. Screening questions could include:
- How are you feeling?
- Have you had a cough or any flu-like or COVID symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms with the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- All photographers in the association agree to adhere to the State and local guidelines set forth by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
I hope this answers your questions and helps you if you are wondering “will Covid-19 affect my photo shoot?” If you need additional information, give me a call or contact me and let’s discuss options for you and your photo shoot and make sure you are as comfortable as possible.